- Hair MUST BE in a bun for all classes or they will be asked to leave class until it is appropriate.
- Dancers are to arrive 5-10 minutes early and wait quietly in the hall outside the studio door.
- No running, screaming, jumping or loud activities in the hallway. We need to be respectful of our neighbor businesses.
- Dancers must have all personal items such as dance shoes labeled with name on inside of shoes and placed in a dance bag.
- No food or drinks in studio or hallway except water.
- Students must treat all faculty, administrators, staff, themselves, and fellow students with respect and honesty at all times.
- Students must not chew gum, sit or use cell phones or ipods while in the studio.
- Students are to work hard, learn, perform, and ENJOY!
Ballet & Tap I, II & Creative Movement: Leotard, tights, and leather or canvas ballet shoes. Skirts optional. Hair must be pulled into a bun.
Ballet I, & II: Leotard, tights, and leather or canvas ballet shoes. Hair must be pulled into a bun.
Ballet III: Black Leotard, pink tights, leather or canvas ballet shoes. Hair must be pulled into a bun.
Tap: Leotard, tights, tap shoes. Hair must be pulled back into bun or ponytail.
Jazz, Lyrical, Contemporary, & Acro: Leotard, dance shorts, tights (optional and MUST be convertible for Acro), jazz shoes or paws. Instructors may request students to be bare-foot. Hair must be pulled back into bun. No baggy shirts or pants.
Boys: Black tights, leggings or shorts. Ballet or jazz shoes according to class style.
Where to shop:
Manoa Dance Studio has some tights available for purchase and a recycle shoe program where you can donate your used shoes!
Dancewear Hawaii: *Mention Manoa Dance Studio and get a discount!
1513 Young Street, #204
Honolulu, HI 96826
808 94-DANCE (943-2623)
Step N Up Hawaii:
2758 S King St #103,
Honolulu, HI 96826